February 14, 2010 - Osso bucco


The first time I made osso bucco, I made it with lamb since I couldn't find veal shanks.  I promised myself that I'd find veal shanks next time.  When I did, I decided to save the opportunity for a Valentine's Day meal.  It's nice to go out to a romantic restaurant, but we thought it would be just as nice to avoid the crowd and spend several hours cooking together.

Just like before, we had the saffron risotto, and a bottle of amarone to go with it.  The osso bucco with veal was way better than lamb.  The veal was way more "fally-aparty", and the bone marrow gave it a good touch of flavour.    



And for dessert?  Valentine's Day is not complete without chocolate!  We made a trip to Kitsilano in the afternoon and visited a local chocolatier called "Chocolate Arts".  I really like how their boxes of chocolates aren't organized in trays.  Each one is different in this box, so it was a lot of fun picking each time.

No comments: