February 2, 2010 - Salmon burgers and yam fries with chipotle mayo


As you saw on the previous post, we bought a whole salmon and cut some into steaks, but there was still a lot of salmon left, so we wanted to come up with something different.  That's when we came up with these salmon burgers. 

I love getting yam fries at restaurants, so we thought, why not try it at home? Deep-frying has always been the most difficult method of cooking for me since I don't have a deep-fryer at home. These fries tasted good but were a bit on the soggy side (a result of difficult temperature control?).  I think next time I will just bake them.

The best part of the meal was the chipotle mayo.  It was so easy to make, but tasted almost exactly like I've had at restaurants, and as expected, it went very well with the slightly sweet yam fries.  It was also great with the salmon burgers.

No comments: