June 14, 2010 - Baked buffalo wings and double tomato bruschetta


I love chicken wings!  Yet I rarely make them.  Why? Because deep frying is difficult, messy, and often causes burns on my arms.  I hope to own a deep fryer some day, but with the space in our kitchen, it is just not feasible at the moment.

But now that I discovered this recipe, chicken wings might become part of my dinner repertoire after all.  The best part about this recipe is that it creates crispy wings by baking.  I used Frank's RedHot sauce as suggested and turned out great.

While I was shopping for chicken I looked around for a blue cheese dip to go with, but couldn't find it, so I decided to make my own.  This dip was nice and creamy, and not overwhelmed by the blue cheese flavour.


I made bruschetta to complete our bar-themed dinner.  This recipe is one we've had for years now, and is our favourite.  Two things that make this bruschetta unique are the addition of balsamic vinegar and sun-dried tomatoes, both of which add bursts of flavour.  I'm especially in love with sun-dried tomatoes.  It amazes me how heat from the sun can turn a simple tomato into something so delicious.

3 comments:

maimai said...

Thank you Paula! I don't update it very frequently, but please visit again sometime :)

Anonymous said...

Is there a new one coming soon? Hopefully your new job is not getting in the way of your cooking!

maimai said...

The new job is keeping me busy but fortunately I still have enough time to cook and enjoy food (recently getting more into baking!)I just need to get better at recording my kitchen adventures :)

Thanks for visiting though!