June 2, 2010 - Salad of curried cashews, pear, and grapes with Italian wedding soup


Salads can be interesting.  Before I got into cooking, making a salad meant tossing together some lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and corn out of a can (yes, you heard me right, corn.  Japanese people do this).  But since then I've discovered that fruits, nuts, and meats all make great additions to a bowl of leaves.

This recipe was great because the curried cashews added heartiness, while the pear and grapes added juiciness.  I think the curried cashews would be a good snack on its own.


The soup and salad combination seemed like the obvious thing to do, so I decided to try making Italian wedding soup with this recipe, since I've had this soup many times in restaurants but never made it at home.  While researching for recipes, I found out that this "wedding soup" has nothing to do with weddings at all!  It has to do with the "marriage" of meats and vegetables - how well they go together in this soup.  

No comments: